I know this has happened to you. You’re on Facebook, and you’ve received an invite. It’s from your friend Jane and guess what – she’s started X business as a consultant, and wouldn’t you like to 1) come to her launch party 2) refer her to some friends and/or 3) host a party?
One of two things will happen:
- You sigh and decide to go to the launch to support her (but you’re not spending more than X, dammit!)
- You sigh and pretend you didn’t see the invite and make up an excuse later.
I know you’ve done one of the two because I’ve done the same thing!
However – here’s the truth: Your friend is excited about her new business but is scared sh**less at the same time because she’s worried about:
- The cost she’s put into the start up.
- Her partner’s rolling eyes and the “I told you so’s.”
- She will piss off or annoy her friends and family with party invites and product posts.
Kinda seems like it? hahaha!
Here’s where things changed for me. When I decided to go to a party that had a a direct sales product, I actually had fun. For real!
Plus, the consultant was a military spouse like me, and she was just trying to make a little side money – no grand delusions of getting rich. She wasn’t pushy, either. Bonus: I liked the products!
And then, I thought – why am I giving my money to big box stores when my business could be directly helping a family?
I decided I would try to support home businesses as much as I could. If I needed a special gift, better makeup, skincare, comfortable clothing, or great smelling wax bars, I would seek out those consultants.
And, though I never sold any products before, I became a Pure Romance consultant last August! Nearly six months later, I’ve sold nearly $17k in retail and was able to buy Christmas presents without digging into our joint checking account! Most importantly –
- I believe in the products. I’d never recommend anything I didn’t believe in to a friend, or use myself.
- The parties have introduced me to new friends. As a military spouse, it’s easy to feel isolated and I’m so grateful for new women in my life!
- I don’t feel like I have to “bug” people.
With my team members!
Ready to do my party thang.
So, the next time Jane invites you to her Scentsy, LuLaRoe, Limelight, Younique, Origami Owl, Thirty One Gifts (or Pure Romance!), party – DO THIS:
RSVP and go.
Not interested? Let her know. Just say, “Thanks for inviting me! This isn’t really something I’m interested in, but I’ll pass your name on.”
She (and other Janes) will appreciate it! Believe me, a “no” won’t crush her (if it does, then maybe she shouldn’t go into business?!!).
Hope this helps you out!
Until next time –
Love, laughter, and shoes –
Your friendly Pure Romance Consultant:)