In my prior post I discussed the things I would and would not do again on a cruise, but here I want to let you know about the items I’m so glad we had on board! I highly recommend:
- Magnetized Hooks. One thing about staterooms is that’s handy is that the walls are magnetized and since there’s not a lot of counter space, having magnets will keep your room free of clutter. I opted for these magnet hooks so we could hang our hats, bags, as well as post notes and invites! These are the ones we bought (holds up to 18 lbs.): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018LEN67U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2. Passport Holder. On a ship, you need to have your passenger card on you at all times and the last thing I wanted to do is bring my purse everywhere. So this holder solved these problems perfectly! I could hold not only my passenger card but also my passport, lip gloss, credit cards and tissues. I was surprised how much it could hold! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GZJHS6I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
3. Dramamine. Yes, sea sickness is a thing. Now, I usually don’t get motion sickness but there were a couple of rocky days when my stomach was not so happy. Don’t think that it won’t happen to you! I popped a non drowsy Dramamine and I was fine.
4. Pop Up Mesh Hamper. 13 days at sea will cause an accumulation of laundry, and having this foldable mesh hamper made it much easier to deal with dirty laundry! The hamper fits easily in the suitcase. Speaking of laundry – be sure to pack a stain pen, a few dryer sheets, and a couple of sample sized laundry soap. You don’t want to pay ship prices for those items.
5. Travel Adapter. Since we were on a ship out of Australia, we needed an adapter for our electronics. This small adapter not only had a way to charge phones and my hairdryer, but has a USB drive for charging tablets too! This particular one comes with a little case for easy packing and is very affordable ($15)!
This is based on my experience and not sponsored, so I’m not getting any kick back on these items:)
What are things you’re glad you had on your cruise? Things you wish you had? Also, where are places you cruised?
Until next time – love, laughter, and shoes-